A walking path inspired by love stories

If you’re a fan of long romantic walks, this is the perfect place for you. Considered by many to be the most attractive walking path in the area of Crikvenica, the Love Path was created in the early 1930s. It got its name because it soon became a favourite place for couples in love.
This is an 8-kilometre-long walkway that provides a perfect blend of beautiful nature and cultural and historical heritage. A walk along the Love Path is a relaxing way to pass the time, whether with a loved one, with the sound of the wind, or just taking in the intoxicating scents of the Mediterranean greenery.

A walk along the Love Path will reveal some interesting cultural and historical sites:

  • The Late Antiquity Badanj Fort (60 metres above sea level)
  • ‘Pod Veli Kamik’ – a former freshwater spring and the first water supply in Crikvenica, built in 1890
  • The viewpoint between Badanj Fort and the rock of Kavranova Stena (155 metres above sea level), which offers views of the village of Tribalj and Tribalj Reservoir
  • The pond in front of the rock of Kavranova Stena with meadows that are perfect places for relaxing and hanging out
  • The rock of Kavranova Stena, which rises steeply above the pond and reaches an altitude of 290 metres

Badanj Fort

Located in the immediate vicinity of Crikvenica, Badanj Fort is the oldest surviving medieval fortification in the Vinodol region. Although we do not know the original name of the fort, its layout attests to its historical significance, while archaeological finds suggest that it was built in the Early Byzantine period between the 4th and 6th centuries AD. The fort has an irregular circular shape and consists of a spacious central tower with quarters for the garrison and also a water reservoir.
At the foot of the fort, there are the ruins of the small Church of the Holy Spirit, which dates back to the 12th century and was renovated in the 15th. Next to the church, there is a medieval cemetery, which was established after the old Croatian cemetery on the hill of Gorica in the village of Stranče was abandoned.

Pod Veli Kamik

This freshwater spring was the first water supply system for the region, and from 1890 was the only source of drinking water during the dry summer months. Finding it today is not easy because it is hidden under a raised stone, but it is still here, above the upper part of the Love Path. Even though it ran dry after the 1916 earthquake in Crikvenica, this water source has not been forgotten. In fact, a statue was placed next to the tap to remind everyone of the spring’s importance in times past.

No votes yet