The Polyclinic Katunar was the first registered private polyclinic in Primorje-Gorski kotar County. It was established in 1994 and includes a clinic for tourists and offers various specialist medical services. The Polyclinic has a staff of permanent employees and a dozen associates, renowned specialist physicians who are leading experts in individual fields of medicine. For many years, the Polyclinic has worked together with the Rijeka Clinical Hospital Centre, the Public Health Department of Primorje-Gorski kotar County, the Emergency Department in Crikvenica, the Thalassotherapia Crikvenica, Terme Selce, the Medico Polyclinic, the Psychiatric Hospital on the island of Rab, and private practices in the Crikvenica area. In addition, due to the large number of visitors in the area in the summer months, the Polyclinic works together with the Crikvenica Police Department, hotels, tourist agencies, children’s resorts and numerous other institutions.
The Katunar Polyclinic offers the following specialist medical services:
1. Internal medical examinations (ECG, ultrasound examination of the heart for adults and children, specialist cardiology examinations, and a diabetology clinic, with specialists in the fields of endocrinology and diabetology for diabetes, osteoporosis and obesity).
2. Haematological-biochemical laboratory blood and urine tests (complete blood count, urine, urea, creatinine, fats, liver function tests, Na, K, determination and control of prothrombin time by an internist/cardiologist, fibrinogen, thyroid gland hormones, etc.)
3. Ultrasound examinations of abdominal organs, urinary tract, prostate and testicles, thyroid gland, ultrasound breast examinations with high-frequency probes and ultrasound diagnostics (TCD – Transcranial Colour Doppler of head and neck blood vessels, ultrasound examinations of hips in infants, ultrasound colour Doppler examinations of the thyroid gland).
4. Gynaecological examinations (transvaginal and transabdominal ultrasonography, PAPA tests, monitoring of pregnancy and treating marital infertility, 3D and 4D ultrasound examinations of pregnant women and CD video with transvaginal and transabdominal probes).
5. X-ray examinations (skeleton, paranasal cavities, thoracic organs, native images of the abdomen, special images of the skeleton, head, spine and teeth, panoramic views of the jaw, mammography).
6. Ophthalmologic examinations (measuring intraocular pressure, determining colour sense, contact lens examinations, skiascopy, removal of foreign bodies from the eye, etc.)
7. Urological examinations (ultrasound scans of kidneys, urinary tract, prostate and testicles, minor surgical procedures).
8. Surgical and ultrasound breast examination for early detection of malignant tumours (with monitoring malignant diseases and post-operative examinations).
9. Dermatology and venereology examinations (skin allergy tests, electrocoagulation, removal of skin tumours and warts, facial cleaning treatments, etc.)
10. Clinical and ultrasound examinations of the thyroid gland, lymph nodes, blood vessels and tumours in the neck area.
11. Orthopaedic examinations in collaboration with the Clinic for Orthopaedics in Lovran (orthopaedic examinations, ultrasound examinations of the locomotor system, preoperative examinations and consultations, etc.)
12. Other specialist and advisory examinations.
The above offer represents extremely good value, particularly bearing in mind the usual length of waiting periods for individual specialist examinations. In order to maintain a high level of service in accordance with modern trends in medicine, the Katunar Polyclinic continuously invests in the development and especially the training of its staff.
The medical clinic for tourists in the Polyclinic plays an important role during the main tourist season. Most emergency examinations (complete triage, laboratory tests, X-rays, internist examinations, etc.) can be performed in one place and in a short time, which is a great advantage, especially bearing in mind the summer crowds on the streets and in the emergency departments in Rijeka Hospital. In addition, it is important to stress that the Polyclinic is open twelve hours a day or longer, depending on needs and in case of emergency calls.
Monday - Friday - from 8:00 to 20:00
Saturday - from 8:00 to 13:00
Sundays and holidays by appointment or calling